Wednesday, December 29, 2004

It is not the Road

My changeable personality brings me a awful life.

Since after the period of examination, nothing in the world seems capabale to draw my attention, not to say my ambition to engage in. Those complusory for me turn out to be the most discouraging. They include, for example, dissertation as well as Solar Campus. Ecology of Babblers is my ever first piece of dissertation (lengthy essay), which mostly, I guess, require a massive effort. Students who fail to acquire GPA more than 2.7 are supposed to take this course of essay writing, whislt the others would be crazily engrossing in the backbreaking FYP, short for Final Year Project worth 12 credits, costing double credits of the dissertation. Stupid people prefer FYP. That is it. On the other hand, being not a academic course in the university, Solar Campus, by Greenpeace, one of the most noted non-governmental green organization around the world, is another much more frightening task to me. The workload in SC conservatively guessed is just equivalent to a 24 credits in HKU. Never should anyone who have taken charge of something in SC do away with his responsibility or something he is responsible for, which would result in amazingly great discouragement to other people working together. Who without a strong sense of responsiblity and belonging, therefore, had better not join solarcampus as a core member. That's what I always liked to reiterate and hope people can understand beforehand. But today, I have already been discouraged by myself and my own duty since the most acute problems have already arisen, mostly due to my changeable personality. I no longer believe in what solarcampus is doing could help improve the situation of HK, needless to say that of the world. My theory, which Michael seems not able to agree with, is the Earth is on its deteriorating way and soon comes to a disastrous ending, regardless what green-groups, who keep wasting donators' money and material, around the world are calling for. The world nowadays has no more belonged to the nature since the days the crazy experiments and inventions contributed by scientists, who merely have a short-term simply definable propose instead of long-term result. This argument was quoted in my year 1 SCNC essay entitled "why do I NOT want to be a scientist?" and turned in to asshole Prof. Lee Kan Ji. C- was the outcome of my SCNC course, probably because it's no use citing the Bible to a non-christian.

The reason I am spending long time here writing so-called "diary" in English is that I am entitled to take part in the English exam of IELTS in early March next year. Essay writing is one of the major part of the exam. Responding to my informal enquiry, Michael personally adimtted that Essay writing amid the 4 aspects of language capability is likely to be the one which could most reflect a person's strength of English. I think so too. As remember, I said, addressing to Hing, that on the two days of the IELTS exam our English would be at the top in our life, which however, at the same time, acting as a turning point, followed by a significant drop. Both of us smiled, but it is probably true.

My study momentum has been fully broken by my academic conditions. First, I am destined never to obtain a honor of 2nd A, unless my GPA in this final year could be as high as 3.6 in average. I would be very pleased already if I get more than 2.6. Due to this reason, regardless of how much credits I am taking this year, it doesn't help and the situtaion will merely more or less the same. As a result, being adapted to a tappy life of university, I would rather take as less credits as possible. Let's see if I would be allowed to take as less as 18 in the next semister. There are two remaining cord subjects and I will turn out need not go to the campus anymore, so seeking for a postition at present would be very much advisable. Haha. Kiding. Generally, attentions of lectures are never taken as a count of assessment and by evaluating the prior history of courses taken and exminated I dare announce hereby that the exam result is absolutely independent on how long you attend in lectures, how many references or textbook you read, how many emails of enquiry you send to the lecturers, etc. but chiefly depends on your luck and sources you obtain just before the examination. It calls this The Road of University.

It's not the road! (咁唔係路)

No comments: