Monday, September 20, 2004

The Choir

"我真係好鐘意唱歌架......"

This claim is touching my heart rigorously... These days I have been spending more time enjoying my own leisure, listening to music and songs, writing what I wanna jot down for record. I saw a french movie, by the name of Les Choristes, describing a new class mentor arrived at the school, in effect to monitor a group of extremely naughty pupils since the ex-one left. The mentor was a nice middle-aged fat man. The measures he utilized to guide the students were unusual, and he used music to tamp them. He was actually a music teacher, and thus he set up a choir team comprising all his students in his class.

There was a stunning little singer in the story. He was good-looking and possessed a supremely nice voice, which make him become the little major actor in the movie and at the same time the idol of handreds of thousands fans (chiefly girls). I also appreciate that guys and hope I could sing as well as him, but in fact I was born not to have this genius. But I recalled what Billy Chow, who is my good friend met in A-Level school as well as a wonderful choir guy often winning public competitions, told me that genious only contributed just 40%, while the remaining 60% is depending on own training. I still remember this speech. Sometimes I regret that I have never joined choir in my secondary school life.

"I dislike karaoke. But I am keen to sing." I always say.

No comments: