Saturday, September 18, 2004

My Final Year in HKU

My final year of twenty-something-year-long study life started on 8th September 2004. It indicates a highly unusual milestone in my life. Being a “Kong U” undergraduate for about a couple of years, numerous ideas have arisen, which in turn initiated personal changes over and over again. Those experiences, both in terms of physical incidents and chiefly mental impulses bringing severe sadness and discouragement, were incredibly precious though. I dare not tell that I’ve already tried my best, but at least, at that moment, I do not feel regretful after all. That’s, I am sure, the best attitude I could experience. By the time I figuring out how I utilize my own time in the two semesters ahead, I have attempted to recall my old memory, trying to come up with a preferable measure for my planning of the time schedule for academic aspects as well as relatively meaningful work. Frankly the latter is all my priority – Solar Campus, which is a campaign launched by Greenpeace Chinese and virtually branches from Solar Generation in foreign countries, altogether calling for the development of renewable energy, including wind energy and solar energy. My funny title is Vice President, in charge of making sure the running and progress of all of the issues, activities, functions get smooth, under control and, most important, to be completed on time. While at the beginning I could scarcely predict such a backbreaking duty I had to shoulder, I continue, not just because this post replies on accountability, but also due the reason that I so far have experienced and encountered the ever first situation of difficulty and complication, which I keep on gaining knowledge and learning techniques. I found it worth it anyway.

Nevertheless, not everybody share the same feel and the exact belief with you, which lead to the most terrible impact among personnel. No one should interpret Solar Campus as a insignificant staff. I insist on my belief of its consequence because my duty and sort of my personality allow me to look into every single part of the framework of Solar Campus. My work lets me meet more different people who come from different universities, study different subjects and have different character, interests and personalities. It is absolutely not an easy task to manage a group of undergraduates who are merely loosely linking together, with no tight partnership and collaboration at all. Meanwhile the work load of Solar Campus are killing us, the core members. Male Ensial Solar Campusians are the only pillar of Solar Campus, devoting all our time and energy to it. Ensian is the best of all, woo!

No comments: