Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Mess

Not much time left before my trip of skill sharing to Shang Hai. I am scared, cus I should be very busy anyway, but I, in fact, still don't have any sense of emergency. I felt free, being able to do whatever I prefer whenever I am in mood. The hiddened risk is the accumulation of work load. My exam of environmental interpreter course got failed and I have already told via email to retake it at the time I visit Kadoorie Farm again later on. That is another shame of failure. Worse still, my boss, Dr. Corlett, are coming back to HK soon and he will arrange a meeting with me, who was supposed to read his article about babblers and references (i.e. journals) included. Oh my godness~ Who is going to help me a little, taking away the tappiness from my nature?

I used to possess a broken printer for long. That shit pushes my button. I will be delighted and willing to do so right away if I were allowed to fiercely throw the fucking Epson printer out of the window without a heavy sentence. But I am not allowed, so I threw it instead to the rubbish collection area. I no longer possess a printer and I am not able to print anything. At that moment I understood that printers are the most convenent invention for an undergraduate. This morning I got up at 8:30 a.m. and back to campus with Sister, who claimed she would have gone crazy if she stayed home alone with nothing meaningful to focus. My purpose was simple: To print all the text I have to read in the these days. I could not stand staring at the screen without getting blind. Journals actually are not readable to someone like me. We arrived physics building and went upstairs to 4th floor, where a computer room with two lazer printers is accessible. Printing charges nothing, but everyone should bear in mind to bring along with papers themselves. HKU won't be as bounteous as you may think.

Deal to the problems of font of the pdf file, Adobe Reader failed to show the text of EI notes, no matter which set of computer I used, cus I tried many of them. I have no other choices so I made use of another program called Adobe Illustrator. It is the one similar to but a bit simpler than Photoshop developed with the same company. Everybody would be surprised by my sole measure, which I opened each page of the pdf file ONE BY ONE instead of a series of pages in one files, and click the button "Print". Totally there were no less than 30 pages being printed that way. It was a terribly awful job. It goes without saying I got late, very late. The meeting in greenpeace office was assigned at 12:00 nn, while I was still printing the remaining few pages in the building. I had the responsibility to inform Henry that I would be late and there was no point to wait for me. When the printing job was finished (my harvest was a , I spent around 10 mins to have my lunch in Maxin with my Little Sister. I asked her to chew and swallow at a faster rate, since we was late already.

At last two of us arrived at 1:05 p.m. The door of our meeting room (actually just a big closet for storing props and tools, most of which are almost useless) on 9th floor was opened for us already. I saw Hing, Henry, Michael, Michelle as well as Bobo sitting around the table on which many pieces of papers and some stationeries were put. Evidently the meeting was started. I introduced my Little Sister to them in a way as brief as what they could realize was that she is the little sister of mine and nothing more. She then was seated next to me around the table, acting as a listener. At the beginning the meeting was with great fun and full of joke, most of which was initiated by our 光交大使 能陽主席 Henry. He is always fucking funny. As the meeting went on, however, the focus turned to be theoretical and it became boring somewhat. Little Sister was too sleepy and seemed to be able to sustain no longer. She was staying away from the meeting area and laid down on the sofa, and fell asleep at once. That is my Little Sister.

Of course the meeting won't be interfered by her act and it went on. Meanwhile Alice visited once for a while, aiming to take something needed. She was so considerate that she took out a jumper from a tank and placed it onto my sister's body for fear that she may get cold. I never thought about it. being a Big Brother, I was not considerate enough, even though I didn't have any idea of where to get a cover for her.

There were two break within the period of the long meeting, which ended at 6:00 p.m. I was assigned some work to do. I don't even want to think about it.

I was very tired already. But I still went running for 5 km after supper. I have to remove some fat anyway.

No comments: