Friday, August 20, 2004

The Little Prince

The Little Prince is a book that I hoped to read for a long time. In the past I tried to attain the book via libraries but in vain. I luckily found that Bobo does have this book in English version so I borrowed it from her a month before. I believe that English version must be far better than Chinese one.

I was always "busy with matters of consquence" and hence I could hardly escape to read the book carefully. I picked up the book two days before, after coming back for Shanghai and leaving all the jobs to the others to follow (actually I felt ashamed but I had no choice, as the job was virtually out of my capability. Thanks Michael, Hing, and Little Cathy again). I was told that the book is hard to soundly understand. The author really had a incredible thinking to create such a beautiful story, didn't he? Except Bible, The Little Prince should be the reading matter with most readers in the history. It is surprising for a short story book to be read by so many people in the Earth. There is no point, therefore, not to read it.

The story is pretty short and simple, but the meaning is so deep that I had to hesitate for a while every a few pages to figure out what exactly the author are implying or telling the readers, sometimes without success. Most people in the world are not smart enough to just read the book one time only before he/she could read the mind of the author's via the dream-like content.

I like that book so much. I dare say The Little Prince is a wonderful choice.


No comments: